Yessss!! We hebben weer een nieuw MTBBaas interview voor jullie. Deze keer met de altijd goedlachse Mariona uit Spanje! Je vindt op Instagram met de naam @mariona_cr!
Lees hieronder ons interview:
1. What’s your name and where are you from?
My name is Mariona Cortells, I live in Sant Andreu de Llavaneres in Spain.
2. What do you do for a living?
I work in a bike shop.
3. How long have you been mountainbiking?
6 months now. Not very long but I really like and enjoy it!
4. When did your love for mountainbiking start and why do you love MTB so much?
I started mountainbiking about 6 months ago. I never really thought that I would like it so much but it is like a crazy love haha. Every time you want to learn more and more. I love it because I disconnect from “normal” life and I have a great time with my friends.
5. Approximately how often do you cycle per week or per month?
At the moment I don’t ride very often, but I would like to have much more time to train hard. Because you learn a lot when you spend many days riding. But now at the moment I ride between 2-3 days and on the weekend I try to descend!
6. How much time a day / a week do you spend on “MTB”?
I think 2-3 days per week, plus the weekend.
7. What was your first mountainbike?
My first bike was my father’s electric, size M😂😅, from the mustache brand. It was hard to learn to go down with her since she weighed almost half as much as me and she suffered from fear.
8. Which mountainbike do you ride now?
I now have a Liv Intrigue size S with a 29 wheel! I am in love with her she is very fun to go down, she does not weigh as much as an ebike.
9. What is your top 3 of favorite MTB routes/tracks? And which one is really your favorite?
I really love bike parks but my favorite routes are in the Valles Oriental and in the Maresme
10. What is your favorite mountainbike destination abroad?
I have never gone abroad with my bike .. but I would love to go to Canada.
11. What is your favorite shop / online store for buying your mountainbike, clothing and accessories?
My favorite store is where I work, we have a lot of variety of products, clothes and accessories for the MTB. The store is called THE BIKE VILLAGE.
12. What does your equipment look like? What do you always take with you when you go cycling?
My clothes are very simple, pants as short as long black Fox, my wheel has tubeless and I trust it since it has saved me on several occasions.
13. What advice would you like to give to new MTB’ers?
Enjoy a lot to learn a lot.
14. How do your loved ones feel about your mountainbike lifestyle?
They like it a lot, they enjoy seeing me since they see me happy.
15. On which channels can people find you?
I only have instagram. You can find me here: @mariona_cr